What does the New Mexico Autism Society Do?
We are an affiliate of Autism Society America. Our mission: Autism Society New Mexico creates connections, empowering everyone in the Autism community with resources needed to live life fully.
Specifically in New Mexico we:
- Meet monthly – There is a different activity for the autism community monthly. Please check our event calendar frequently to keep up-to-date on our events.
- Support autism groups around the state of New Mexico.
- Provide and promote autism related educational programs and conferences for the community.
- Form committees to work on autism related projects.
- Publish flyers and newsletters to keep interested parties informed about meetings and activities occurring around New Mexico.
- Advocate and educate regarding state and federal legislation to assist families and individuals with autism.
- Plan activities to promote FUN and emotional support for families and individuals concerned with autism.
- Work on state and local committees with other agencies and organizations to further goals and to improve resources.
- Work with the Autism Society of America.
- Work with the Autism Programs at the Center for Development and Disability at UNM.
- Work with autism providers throughout the state.