We’re Hiring Development Specialist
Job Title: Development Specialist (Part-Time)
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Albuquerque, NM
The New Mexico Autism Society (NMAS) has been improving the lives of those affected by autism across the state for 44 years. Through our social gatherings, support groups, public policy work, collaborations in the community, outreach and educational advocacy programs, educational scholarships, we are sharing the journey with thousands of New Mexicans each year. Now, we need your help too. Join us on this journey to sustain and grow these powerful programs and services to those who need us most.
The Development Specialist (DS) is a creative, passionate and innovative leader. The DS must be a motivated self –starter. The DS will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director in fundraising operations, writing and submitting grant proposals, developing and implementing new fundraising ideas. The DS will maintain a donor database, send thank you letters and engage with donors on a regular basis. This position works with volunteers and manages relationships with donors. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed in this sales/fundraising position with departmental revenue goals to reach annually. The DS must be driven by NMAS’ mission to improve the lives of all affected by autism in New Mexico.
The Development Specialist will be an experienced professional with the ability to ensure that NMAS’s Special Fundraising Events are run efficiently, volunteers are trained and events strategies are effectively implemented. This position is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in managing all aspects of events, volunteers, general administrative work and assisting with internal and external communications.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn the intellectual/developmental disability landscape in New Mexico and the specific needs of the autism community.
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience in a sales and/or event fundraising position.
- 1 to 3 years of successful grant writing experience.
- Demonstrate successful fundraising experience and knowledge of best practices & current trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Confidently be able to warm/cold call, grow local support and build effective relationships to increase NMAS’s visibility, brand awareness, volunteer staff and revenue.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
This is a part time contracted position with the New Mexico Autism Society. The average weekly hours worked by the DS are not to exceed 10 without written permission by the Executive Director. Compensation shall be set as follows: Total professional fee will be based on an hourly rate of $15.00 plus 7% New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax.
The DS will set his/her own schedule but must be present at all Board meetings and NMAS fundraising functions unless his/her absence from such events is approved in advance by the Executive Director.
If you would like to join our team, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “Development Specialist”. No phone calls or staffing agencies please. Only those applicants who meet our qualifications will be contacted. NMAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.